Thursday, January 22, 2009

Beatport version 4.0 launched!


http://www.beatport.com

The 4.0 version of Beatport.com has been released.

The Beatport dot com interface has been updated with lots of new features.
I will not list everything that is new, I will just touch apon a few items I like:


New Player
*Track history whilst browsing session.
*Preview all the tracks in a release or a chart by clicking one button.
*Buy or delete all tracks in your player in one go.

Interface Upgrades
*Docking functionality - both playlist and My Beatport can be docked on either side or on top of each other for easy viewing
*Browser Back and Forward buttons now work, mouse scrolling too
*Keyboard commands for playback and purchasing
*DJ mixes easy to find - search by genre, label or artist.

More powerful My Beatport
*Upgraded My Beatport user tool with features that allow you to manage favorites, have more subscribing power, and tag favorite artists and labels
*All music with new release dots go to the top of My Beatport
*Add as many labels and artists as you’d like
*Go back to up to 8 weeks in the past to check for new releases
*Add favorites from any artist or label page

New hold bin, improved check out and crate system
*Hold bin feature allows you to save ‘maybe’ purchases for later.

Artwork, higher quality previews
*Embedded artwork into mp3s
*96k quality previews

Beatport.com is where I purchase about 70% of the digital music I DJ with. Legal and cheap with high quality downloads in MP3, MP4 and WAV formats.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following LWM. If you'll excuse a brief textual indiscretion, I heart Beatport.

    ReplyDelete