Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hands free driving? Motorola H780


H780 Link

Ahhhhh the Superbowl.

The Superbowl has arrived in my town and the volume of people is growing. I live about 10 minutes north of the Tampa International Airport, the same area that is the middle of the a huge construction project. The construction project alone adds around 25-45 extra minutes to my commute to and fro work and now I get to sit around and stare at the back of people cars for even longer due to the "extras" that are flying in. I have seen a lot more of expensive cars the past couple days, which is nice. I have seen a Lamborghini, a few Ferrari's, decked out Range Rovers..

In this morning's episode of "slow go"; the woman in front of me, really not paying attention to driving, which is really nothing new for this area, is using her "speaker phone" while she drives. She is holding her cell in her hand, yelling at her phone's microphone then holding the speaking to her ear. If you are using the speaker phone, why are you holding it? And why are you holding it like an 1/2 an inch from your mouth? Why not just hold it up to your ear like a normal phone call, instead of this crazy yelling, and staring at the speaker on the phone like its a person. Better yet, get a bluetooth, they are cheap and great.
I love my bluetooth. My original bluetooth was this huge over the ear kind that was great at one time, about a year ago, but now is bulky with this crappy sound issue where everyone heard themselves speak. It finally broke so I went looking for a replacement. I ended up at bestbuy, I know that the ntrwebs has better deals and such, but I am so a instant satisfaction type of person that I will pay extra because when I do decide that I am going to get something, I want it now!
Ok, where was I, so I picked up a Motorola H780, pretty much based on the fact that it was $60, that was my limit, it was small, and other motorola's models got decent reviews. This thing works great; sound is crystal clear, on both ends. I drive in the car for about 3+ hours a day and everyone I talk to has said that it's great. It has this great feature that it can be synced to two phones at the same time; I carry a AT&T phone for personal use and a Verizon phone for work. The H780 is conntected to both phones at the same time so I can get calls on ether phone and answer with one bluetooth, schweet d00d! Battery life is great, everytime I go to plug it in, the light is green and I use this thing alot. The only downside I have run into the range of use. After traveling around 10 feet or so away from your phone you will have some static, this is not really a problem for me since I use this in my car.

So.. I started with bitching about traffic, that sparked a thought about my bluetooth headset, and ended in a review of stuff I own and use..

-njoy

No comments:

Post a Comment